Sunday, August 31, 2008

HERE IS HOW AMERICANS WILL VOTE

I am still conflicted on my vote. McCain's choice of his inexperienced "heartbeat away" running mate really threw me. I am fascinated by the very thinly veiled spin from people like Lindsay Graham on her lack of serious qualifications for president to Republicans who are desperate to hold on to power to ordinary people who are still intoxicated from the spiked Kool-Aid. But in the final analysis, I don't think this stuff matters anyway.

Here is how Americans will vote:


Committed R's and D's will vote the Party line, without any need for justification.


R and D leaning people will likely vote for the R or D after picking a particular reason to vote for their guy or against the other guy, like he's too old, black, too much tax, Supreme Court Justices etc.


Independents will vote based on who they like, sort of a class president vote. Some will pick "a particular reason" to justify their vote. Even fewer will do a thorough analysis of the options.


I'm in the latter group. After all, a vote for president and his party is an act of giving others control of my life (and yours).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home